All local students enrolling into a course at SSTC Institute are to enter into a standard Private Education Institution (PEI) Student Contract.
After a student has undergone pre-course counselling with a member of the SSTC Staff or authorised agent and decides to enrol, he or she should observe the following procedure for enrollment. If the student is applying through an authorised agent, the agent will offer assistance in his/her application.
1. Forward the following information to email@example.com for the preparation of documents.
- Name of Student (as indicated in the Singapore Identity Card)
- Student’s Date of Birth
- Gender (Male or Female)
- Singapore Identity Card Number
- Course Title, Commencement Date & Course Duration
Students enrolling into a higher learning programme that has entry requirements will also need to submit/email/fax a copy of their academic transcripts and certificates as well as other results (e.g. WPLN – Workplace Literacy and Numeracy assessment results) for initial review by SSTC.
2. SSTC will send a SSTC Application Form and other forms for the student to fill in.
3. The student must complete the forms and send them to SSTC via courier or registered mail along with application fee and the following documents:
- Photocopy of Singapore Identity Card – front and back (digital soft copy is acceptable)
- Two (2) recent passport sized photographs (with white background & matte/semi-matte finish – digital soft copy is acceptable)
- One (1) certified true copy of highest educational certificate*
- One (1) certified true copy of highest educational transcript of results*
- One (1) certified true copy of any other qualification that may be relevant and considered in the admissions process*
*Please note that NOTARISED TRANSLATIONS are required for all documents that are not originally written in English.
All documents should be sent to SSTC Institute’s appointed agents or directly to:
1 Maritime Square, #13-01 HarbourFront Centre, Singapore 099253
(via Lift Lobby B to level 12 and take an escalator up to level 13).
4. Upon receipt of the forms and supporting documents, a quotation will be prepared. Thereafter, upon receipt of the application fees, SSTC will make an admission decision and inform the student of an outcome.
5. If the student is accepted into the course, a Letter of Offer will be given to the student and SSTC will then process the Student Pass application with the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), if applicable.
6. SSTC will then prepare a Standard PEI Student Contract (if applicable) and forward it to the student for him/her (and parent/local guardian if the student is under 18) to sign and return to SSTC.
7. Upon acceptance by the Registrar of the school, SSTC forwards a Confirmation of Enrolment to the student. Upon receipt of full payment of the balance course fees (for courses of 12 months or less in duration) and full payment of first installment (for courses of more than 12 months in duration), the student is considered enrolled and may prepare to start school.
8. On receipt of course fee payment, SSTC purchases FPS insurance and the Certificate of FPS insurance will be sent to the student’s registered email address by the FPS insurance provider, Lonpac Insurance Bhd.
9. The student may then attend orientation and start the course.
MODE OF PAYMENT
Payments are to be made in Singapore Dollars by:
- Cheque (subject to bank clearance)
- Bank Transfer