All International students enrolling onto a course at SSTC Institute are to enter into a standard Private Education Institution (PEI) Student Contract.
After a student has undergone pre-course counselling with SSTC Staff or authorised agent and decides to enrol, he or she should observe the following procedure for enrollment. If the student is applying through an authorised agent, the agent will offer assistance in his/her application.
1. Forward the following information to email@example.com for the preparation of documents.
- Name of Student (as indicated in passport)
- Student’s Date of Birth
- Gender (Male or Female)
- Passport Number
- Course Title, Commencement Date & Course Duration
Students enrolling into a higher learning programme that has entry requirements will also need to submit/email/fax a copy of their academic transcripts and certificates as well as their IELTS/ TOEFL results for initial review by SSTC.
2. SSTC will send a SSTC Application Form and other forms for the student to fill in.
3. The student must complete the forms and send them to SSTC via courier or registered mail along with application fee and the following documents:
- Photocopy of Passport (digital soft copy is acceptable)
- Two (2) recent passport sized photographs (with white background & matte/semi-matte finish – digital soft copy is acceptable)
- One (1) certified true copy of birth certificate*
- One (1) certified true copy of highest educational certificate*
- One (1) certified true copy of highest educational transcripts of results*
- One (1) certified true copy of any other qualification that may be relevant and considered in the admissions process (if applicable)*
- Bank Statement (equivalent of S$30,000) for students from any country that requires a visa to enter Singapore
Note: If the student is planning to take the AEIS exam for admission to a Singapore Government School, the following documents will be required in addition:
- Certified true copy of parents’ marriage certificate
- Certified true copy of parents’ passport
*Please note that NOTARISED TRANSLATIONS are required for all documents that are not originally written in English.
All documents should be sent to SSTC Institute’s appointed agents or directly to:
1 Maritime Square, #13-01 HarbourFront Centre, Singapore 099253
(via Lift Lobby B to level 12 and take an escalator up to level 13).
4. Upon receipt of the forms and supporting documents, a quotation will be prepared. Thereafter, upon receipt of the application fees, SSTC will make an admission decision and inform the student of an outcome.
5. If the student is accepted into the course, a Letter of Offer will be given to the student and SSTC will then process the Student Pass application with the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), if applicable.
6. SSTC will then prepare a Standard PEI Student Contract (if applicable) and forward it to the student for him/her (and parent/local guardian if the student is under 18) to sign and return to SSTC.
7. Upon approval of student’s pass by ICA, SSTC forwards a Confirmation of Enrolment to the student. In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter issued by ICA will be forwarded to the student on receipt of full payment of the balance course fees (for courses of 12 months or less in duration) and full payment of first installment (for courses of more than 12 months in duration).
8. On receipt of course fee payment, SSTC purchases FPS insurance and the Certificate of FPS insurance will be sent to the student’s registered email address by the FPS insurance provider, Lonpac Insurance Bhd.
9. The student enters Singapore, undergoes medical checkup (if required), collects his/her student’s pass from ICA and starts the course.
MODE OF PAYMENT
Payments are to be made in Singapore Dollars by:
- Cheque (subject to bank clearance)
- Bank Transfer
Medical cost for foreigners is not subsidized by the Singapore public healthcare system and may run very high if one needs to be hospitalised or undergo surgery while studying in Singapore. To assist our students, SSTC Institute provides protection to our students for hospitalisation and surgery with its Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance, in full compliance with the guideline set by CPE (Committee for Private Education) for EduTrust. SSTC’s insurance for students covers up to S$20,000.00 (annual limit per person), which is sufficient for students in most cases. The Hospitalisation & Surgical insurance coverage is compulsory for international students. Singaporean/PR students are exempted from the insurance coverage if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan.
What is covered
- It covers hospitalisation and day surgery.
- It doesn’t cover any pre-existing illness.
- It doesn’t cover outpatient treatments unless they are:
1. For follow up treatment related to a hospitalisation/day surgery and incurred within 90/60 days prior to or after the hospitalisation or day surgery;
2. For emergency outpatient treatments due to accidents within 24 hours of the accident; GP (General Practitioner) bills are not claimable.
Scope of Coverage
- B1 ward (4 – bedder) entitlement in Singapore Government / Singapore Government Restructured Hospitals.
- Ability to upgrade to higher wards or private hospitals subject to pro-rated factors.
- Annual Limit of $20,000 per student on “As Charged” basis.
Payment of the Claim Amount
The insurance company (NTUC Income) will pay on a reimbursement basis which means the student will have to pay the hospital first and submit all original hospital bills for reimbursement. The student will then be refunded for the eligible claim amount, by cheque.
How to Make Claims
All claims have to be made on prescribed forms and submitted to NTUC Income within one month or as soon as reasonably possible, together with all the original copies of final medical bills. The following documents are needed to make a claim:
- Combined Claim Form with Medical Certification of Treatment
- Final hospital/medical bills & receipts
- Medical reports, if available
- Hospital discharge summary
- Referral Letters, if available
More information can be obtained from the
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited
- 75 Bras Basah Road
- Income Centre
- Singapore 189557
- Tel: 63321133 Fax: 63381500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.income.com.sg