Pearson LCCI Level 3 Certificate in Financial Accounting (VRQ)
Awarded by Pearson Education Limited
The Pearson LCCI Level 3 Financial Accounting (VRQ) qualification is for students who work in, or want to work in, accounting environments.
The qualification provides students with the key knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts underlying all financial accounting including the preparation of accounting entries for non-current assets; advanced bookkeeping; the preparation of journals for correction of errors and year-end adjustments; the preparation of the extended trial balance to incorporate these adjustments and the preparation of financial accounts for unincorporated businesses (sole traders and partnerships).
Students will gain skills to produce financial records, summarising an organisation’s financial transactions over a specific accounting period, and its current financial position in terms of assets, liabilities and capital.
This qualification is trusted and valued by employers worldwide and recognised by universities and professional bodies. This will increase students’ employability in the sector and allow them to continue their academic development by progressing to the Pearson LCCI Level 4 Certificate in Financial Accounting (VRQ) or other professional accountancy qualifications.
Full-time: 3 months Part-time: 7 months
Full-time students will study a maximum of 15 Guided Learning Hours per week.
Part-time students will study a maximum of 9 Guided Learning Hours per week.
Assessment / Examinations
One externally set and marked paper by Pearson Education Limited, consisting of 100% of the overall grade of the qualification.
This qualification provides exemption from ACCA’s F3 Financial Accounting qualification.
- AGE: Minimum 16 years old at the point of commencement
- ACADEMIC:Local Candidates: Completion of GCE ’N’ Level with at least 3 Passes (N(A) 1 – 5 or N(T) A – C), inclusive of English (N(A) 5 or N(T) C); OR Completion of GCE ’O’ Level with at least 2 Passes (A1 – C6) in any two subjects;
International Candidates: Completion of Secondary Education/Year 10 or equivalent;
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: Recommended to have B1 Level of English on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) or equivalent
- Candidates who do not meet the above requirements but with at least 1 year relevant working experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students must pass the external examination, which will be set and marked by Pearson Education Limited.
- The Purpose of Maintaining Financial Records
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Balancing Accounts and the Trial Balance
- Adjustments and the Extended Trial Balance
- Produce Financial Statements of a Sole Trader and Partnership
- Introduction to Interpretation of Financial Statements
Student Pass holders are required to maintain an attendance of 90% and above to meet the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements. All students need to attend at least 75% of classes to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Full Time Students: January, April, July, September
Part Time Students: January, July
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
FULL TIME – STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Hospitalization & Surgical Insurance||S$100.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$41.63
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$271.01|
PART TIME – NON-STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$31.25
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$187.69|
Last updated: 21 December 2017
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM