Pearson LCCI Level 3 Certificate in Cost and Management Accounting (VRQ)
Awarded by Pearson
The Pearson LCCI Level 3 Cost and Management Accounting (VRQ) is for students who work in, or want to work in accounting environments where they will be required to use management accounting techniques which contribute to effective decision making and control.
This qualification provides the student with the skills, knowledge and understanding of cost and management accounting which reflects the keys skills required in business for short and long-term decision making, inventory control, accounting for overheads, working capital management, standard costing and the preparation and control of budgets.
This qualification is trusted and valued by employers worldwide and recognised by universities and professional bodies.
This will enhance their employability prospects in the accounting sector and allow progression to the Pearson LCCI Level 4 Certificate in Management Accounting qualification.
Full-time: 3 months Part-time: 6 months
Full-time students will study a maximum of 15 Guided Learning Hours per week.
Part-time students will study a maximum of 9 Guided Learning Hours per week.
Assessment / Examinations
One externally set and marked paper by Pearson Education Limited, consisting of 100% of the overall grade of the qualification.
- AGE: Minimum 16 years old at the point of commencement
- ACADEMIC:Local Candidates: Completion of GCE ’N’ Level with at least 3 Passes (N(A) 1 – 5 or N(T) A – C), inclusive of English (N(A) 5 or N(T) C); OR Completion of GCE ’O’ Level with at least 2 Passes (A1 – C6) in any two subjects;
International Candidates: Completion of Secondary Education/Year 10 or equivalent;
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: Recommended to have B1 Level of English on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) or equivalent
- Candidates who do not meet the above requirements but with at least 1 year relevant working experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students must pass the external examination, which will be set and marked by Pearson Education Limited.
- Inventory Management
- Short-term decision making
- Accounting for overheads
- Budgetary planning and control
- Working capital management
- Standard costing and variances
- Costing methods
- Long-term decision making
- Management Information Systems
Student Pass holders are required to maintain an attendance of 90% and above to meet the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements. All students need to attend at least 75% of classes to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Full Time Students: January, April, July, September
Part Time Students: January, July
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
FULL TIME – STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Hospitalization & Surgical Insurance||S$100.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$39.35
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$258.11|
PART TIME – NON-STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$29.50
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$177.77|
Last updated: 21 December 2017
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM