Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure) QCF
Awarded by Pearson Education Limited
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure) is awarded by Pearson Education Limited (Pearson) and accredited onto the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at Level 3.
Students undergo a variety of units covering a wide spectrum of Sport Science and Management that will equip them with education and training for a range of careers in the area of sport, particularly outdoor sports and adventures.
Full-time: 12 months Part-time: 18 months
Full-time students will study 3 course units (equivalent to 30 credits) each term. Total 4 terms.
Part-time students will study 2 course units (equivalent to 20 credits) each term. Total 6 terms.
Mode of Delivery
Guided learning hours consist of lectures, tutorials, group discussions, project meetings.
Assessment / Examinations
Written assignments, class presentations and projects. No formal examinations.
- Applicant must be 16 years and above.
- Completed 10 years of education OR four GCSE passes at grades A* – C or equivalent
- English Proficiency of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. (Applicable to international students whose last 3 years of prior education was not delivered in English)
- Appropriately experienced applicants who do not fully meet the minimum academic requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students must successfully pass all 120 credits with at least 90 credits at Level 3 or above.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport [5 credits]
- The Physiology of Fitness [5 credits]
- Assessing Risk in Sport [10 credits]
- Fitness Training and Programming [10 credits]
- Leadership in Sport [10 credits]
- Principles and Practices in Outdoor Adventure [10 credits]
- Equipment and Facilities for Outdoor and Adventurous Activities [10 credits]
- Current Issues in Sport [10 credits]
- Sports Injuries [10 credits]
- Organising Sports Events [10 credits]
- Sport as a Business [10 credits]
- Alternative Pursuits for Outdoor Adventure [10 credits]
- Sports Facilities and Operational Management [10 credits]
Note: Course units may change due to changes in Pearson framework or course reviews.
Student Pass holders are required to maintain an attendance of 90% and above to meet the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements. All students need to attend at least 75% of classes to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure) can progress onto SSTC’s Diploma in Sport Management or the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate/Level 5 Higher National Diploma programmes.
2018 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
|Hospitalization & Surgical Insurance||S$100.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$151.68|
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$895.00|
DOMESTIC STUDENT (SIN CITIZEN / SIN PR) (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME)
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$108.50
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$625.70|
Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure)
MODULE SYNOPSIS – BTEC L3 DIP SPORT (OUTDOOR ADVENTURE)
Updated 20 July 2018
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM