Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business (QCF)
Awarded by Pearson Education Limited
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business is awarded by Pearson Education Limited (Pearson) and accredited onto the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at Level 3.
Students undergo a variety of units covering a wide spectrum of Business Administration and Management that will equip them with education and training for a range of careers in business such as management, administration, personnel and marketing.
BTEC Standard Verifier’s audit report (SV) (July 2018)
“The Centre is delivering with integrity. The team are a small, yet professional group of individuals with a student-centred ethos…A significant degree of rigour is evident in all practices relating to assessment and quality assurance for units within the BTEC Level 3 Business Programme. The Centre should keep up this level of diligence as BTEC’s are promoted in the region.”
Full-time: 12 months Part-time: 18 months
Full-time students will study 3 course units each term. Total 4 terms.
Part-time students will study 2 course units each term. Total 6 terms.
Mode of Delivery
Guided learning hours consist of lectures, tutorials, group discussions, project meetings.
Assessment / Examinations
Written assignments, class presentations and projects. No formal examinations.
- Applicant must be 16 years and above.
- Completed 10 years of education OR four GCSE passes at grades A* – C or equivalent
- English Proficiency of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. (Applicable to international students whose last 3 years of prior education was not delivered in English)
- Appropriately experienced applicants who do not fully meet the minimum academic requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students must successfully pass all 12 course units with a minimum of 120 credits with at least 90 credits at Level 3 or above.
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Creative Product Promotion
- Market Research in Business
- Relationship Marketing
- Internet Marketing in Business
- Training in the Business Workplace
- Managing a Business Event
- Developing Teams in Business
- Managing Physical Resources in a Business Environment
Note: Course units may change due to changes in Pearson framework or course reviews.
Student Pass holders are required to maintain an attendance of 90% and above to meet the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requirements. All students need to attend at least 75% of classes to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business can progress onto the Pearson BTEC level 5 Higher National Diploma programmes.
2020 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
6 January, 6 April, 6 July and 27 September
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
|Hospitalization & Surgical Insurance||S$100.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$151.68|
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$895.00|
DOMESTIC STUDENT (SIN CITIZEN / SIN PR) (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME)
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$108.50
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$625.70|
Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Updated 29 January 2020
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM