MANAGE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS TO ENGAGE EMPLOYEES
This course was designed to provide a suite of design thinking modules that are aligned with the design thinking principles. It is targeted for individuals who are employed in organisations who need to rethink the way they manage people by taking on a human-centred approach to management and supervision. The intent is to create a new pool of workforce who takes on human-centred approaches in designing work processes and tasks for their own department/team.
At the end of this course, learners would have gotten several learning experiences of managing social media platforms by understanding human behaviour through design thinking. A competent individual will be able to perform the following after completing this course:
- Develop understanding of social media, its approach, guidelines and pitfalls
- Anticipate and address difficulties arising from usage of social media platforms
- Establish user needs and wants of social media platforms
- Design the processes for using of the social media platform to meet specific objectives
- Develop a social media engagement strategy and plan
- Develop iterations of social media media experiences using various social media tools
- Develop social media strategy and content on various social media platforms
- Design and implement a social media campaign to create an experience for targetted users – including contentious users to maintain a professional image
- Develop a social media strategy to achieve its objectives. (note: This includes developing a strategy for an integration of social media platforms, usage protocols, and evaluative measures.)
- Create a prototype of the social media platform that provides the experience of the touchpoint to achieve its objectives
- Measure effectiveness of social media platforms to achieve its objectives
- Maintain professional image of the organisation when managing social media platforms
- Develop continuous improvement strategy to augment and enhance personal experience and knowledge of new tools on social media platforms
- Develop own strategies to keep abreast of social media platforms for continuous professional development and application
- Develop understanding of social media, its usage the tools to support experience creation for users
This section (including case studies) will cover the underpinning knowledge of social media to help the learners gain a understanding of the basic operations and the objectives of various social media platform used in the world.
- Develop self as a “human centric” communicator
This section focuses to look at one’s own professional life and how the learner may be able to start pivoting to a more human centric role. Especially so in social media platforms.
- Develop understanding of the user journey when using social media
In this section, learners are taught the basics of running an organisation; covering concepts of goal cascading, high level strategy development and implementation of business systems and processes to support corporate governance, usage of policies and procedures, laws and ethics, etc.
- Understand an employee of the business
In this section, learners dive deep into the understanding of a specific persona to help learners understand the process that one goes through from the time one is made aware of the change till the change has been implemented.
- Develop People Management Strategy through Social Media platforms
This section is where learners will make use of various brainstorming tools to contribute new ideas to address certain touchpoints in People Management and to create better experiences at work, in alignment with the business strategies and goals.
- Develop People Management prototypes
In this section, ideas with an identified solution are then developed into an actual prototype that needs to be presented to the class.
- Present the Prototype of the Social Media Experience
Given the prototype, learners are taught the concept of story telling – how to do it, when do it it and doing it with impact.
- Develop Strategies to Drive Sustainable Change
This final section addresses the “Learning to Learn” where learners are asked to identify the skills required to develop human-centric business strategies to promote engagement, ownership and goal achievement and how they can acquire these skills after this course has ended.
Assumed Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
Participants are assumed to:
- Hold (or have held) positions of Managers or with Supervisory capacity role for at least 6 months over the last 3 years
- Possess at least a GCE ‘N’ Levels or equivalent
- Be able to read, write and speak in English (WLPN Level 6 and above)
- Be able to explain business operations in a company
- Be able to manage employees in accordance with prevailing government legislations
- Be able to plan, implement and manage projects at the workplace
During the course application, applicants who do not fully meet the entry requirements, will be subject to a counselling session with the customer service executive.
If the applicant would still like to proceed with their enrolment into the course, he/she will have to sign on the counselling form that they are aware of the requirements and commit to personally put in extra efforts to close the gap (e.g. pairing up with their colleague–where available, etc.)
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM