The ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. The ICDL certification programmes, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to understanding the concept of spreadsheets and using a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
Monday, 16 March 2020
16 – 19 March 2020
9.00 AM – 1.00 PM
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Apply advanced text, paragraph, column and table formatting. Maintain a consistent design through the use of character and paragraph styles.
- Work with referencing features like footnotes, endnotes and captions. Manage citations and bibliography using a chosen citation style. Create tables of contents, indexes and cross-references.
- Enhance productivity by using fields, forms and templates.
- Apply advanced mail merge techniques and work with automation features like macros.
- Use linking and embedding features to integrate data.
- Collaborate on and review documents locally or online. Apply document security features.
- Work with watermarks, sections, and headers and footers in a document. Use a thesaurus and manage spell check settings.
2.1 Captions, Footnotes and Endnotes
2.2 Citations and Bibliography
2.3 Reference Tables and Indexes
2.4 Bookmarks and Cross-References
- Enhancing Productivity
3.1 Using Fields
3.2 Forms, Templates
3.3 Mail Merge
3.4 Linking, Embedding
- Collaborative Editing
4.1 Tracking and Reviewing
- Preparing Outputs
5.2 Document Setup
5.3 Spelling, Thesaurus
Demonstrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Literacy Level 4.
Demonstrate numeracy skills at a level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Numeracy Level 4.
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM