DEMONSTRATE SECURE USE OF IT (ICDL SECURE USE OF IT)
The ICDL Foundation is an international organisation dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce, education and society. The ICDL certification programmes, delivered through an active network in more than 100 countries, enable individuals and organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognised ICDL standard.
This module sets out concepts relating to the secure use of ICT in daily life and skills used to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
Contact us to Check
To Be Advised
9.00 AM – 6.00 PM
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of keeping information and data secure, and identify common data/privacy protection, retention and control principles.
- Recognise threats to personal security from identity theft and potential threats to data from using cloud computing.
- Be able to use passwords and encryption to secure files and data.
- Understand the threat of malware and be able to protect a computer, device or network from malware and address malware attacks.
- Recognise common network and wireless security types and be able to use personal firewalls and personal hotspots.
- Protect a computer or device from unauthorised access and be able to safely manage and update passwords.
- Use appropriate web browser settings and understand how to authenticate websites and browsethe web securely.
- Understand communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks, voice over Internet protocol, instant messaging and mobile devices.
- Back up and restore data to local and cloud storage locations and delete and dispose of data and devices securely.
1.1 Data Threats
1.2 Value of Information
1.3 Personal Security
1.4 File Security
2.1 Types and Methods
2.3 Resolving and Removing
- Network Security
3.1 Networks and Connections
3.2 Wireless Security
- Access Control
4.2 Password Management
Secure Web Use
5.1 Browser Settings
5.2 Secure Browsing
5.3 Mobile Marketing
6.2 Social Networking
6.3 VoIP and Instant Messaging
- Secure Data Management
7.1 Secure and Backup Data
7.2 Secure Deletion and Destruction
Demonstrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Literacy Level 4.
Demonstrate numeracy skills at a level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) Numeracy Level 4.
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM