Advanced Diploma in Commerce and Liberal Arts
Awarded by SSTC Institute
The University of Wisconsin – River Falls (UWRF) has signed a credit transfer agreement with SSTC to establish a pathway for students to study at SSTC and UWRF. It is the shared philosophy and belief that quality education and a student’s personal development cannot be sacrificed for growth that seals this agreement between SSTC and UWRF. The Advanced Diploma in Commerce and Liberal Arts (ADCLA) programme consists of 19 course units totaling 60 credit hours. This enables students to complete half the Bachelors degree programme over 18 months in Singapore versus 2 years if taken on campus at UWRF. Upon completion of the ADCLA programme, all credit hours earned are transferable to the UWRF Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree programme. The University of Wisconsin – River Falls is one of thirteen campuses of the world-renowend University of Wisconsin system. The College of Business and Economics is accredited by AACSB, a distinction earned by less than 5% of business schools worldwide.
The programme aims to:
- Develop students through a rigorous course studying a wide variety of cross-disciplinary units.
- Teach students critical-thinking skills covering a variety of cross-disciplinary courses through studies in Math, Science, Language, History, Art, Literature, Psychology and Business.
- Put the student in good stead when they transition to the final 2 years of the degree programme in the US.
Full-time: 18 months Part-time: 36 months
Students are required to take 4 to 6 course units in each 14- to 16-week trimester. Full time students take 15 guided-learning hours per week.
Mode of Delivery
Face-to-face lectures, tutorials, group discussions and project meetings.
Assessment / Examinations
Written assignments, class presentations, written projects and examinations where applicable.
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and above.
- Minimum 2 GCE ‘A’ Level passes; or Year 12 education equivalent, or Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business; or other acceptable foundation programmes.
- English Proficiency of IELTS 5.5/TOEFL iBT 61 or its equivalent. Students who do not meet the required proficiency level will need to enroll for additional English classes before commencement of the programme.
- Other equivalent qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students are required to pass all 19 course units of the programme. To achieve a minimum GPA 2.0 for the ADCLA programme. To qualify for credit transfer to UWRF, students must achieve:
- A minimum GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 for Lower-Division Business Core course units.
- Evidence of English proficiency: TOEFL iBT 78 or IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC 730 taken within the past two years prior to enrolment to UWRF. Degree seeking students who opt to enrol into the English Language Transition (ELT) programme at UWRF may have the TOEFL requirement waived.
- Approval of the F-1 US student visa.
Lower-Division Business Core course units:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Statistics for Business and Economics
- Business Calculus
- Principles of Psychology
- Rhetoric & College Writing
- College Writing & Civic Engagement
- Art Appreciation
- Topics in World Literature
- History of Arts I
- University Physics I
- Environmental Biology
- Human Resources Development
- History of Pre-Modern East Asia
- Calculus I
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Applied Statistics or Principles of Marketing
Note: Course units are subject to change without prior notice.
All students need to attend at least 75% of classes and to be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance. Students Pass holders are required to maintain an attendance of 90% and above to meet the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority requirement.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Admission to the 3rd year of a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at the University of Wisconsin – River Falls (UWRF).
Note: Acceptance to UWRF is subject to terms and requirements.
2018: 2 January, 14 May and 3 September
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT – FULL TIME
|Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance||S$200.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$296.63|
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$1,716.86|
DOMESTIC STUDENT (SIN CITIZEN/SIN PR) – FULL TIME & PART TIME
|Fee Protection Scheme||S$263.75|
|7% Goods & Services Tax||S$1,505.96|
Note: Students articulating to UWRF to pursue their degrees will need to pay an articulation fee of SGD$845.30 (including 7% GST).
Last updated 2 February 2018
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM