HAZE ADVISORY – Statement from MOE Singapore
In view of the prevailing haze conditions in Singapore. The MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (MOE) provided a PRESS RELEASE and STATEMENT as of 25 September 2015 :
MOE Kindergartens, Primary, Secondary and Special Education Schools to Close on 25 September 2015.
1. Following the National Environment Agency (NEA)’s forecast that the 24-hr PSI for 25 is expected to be in the ‘Very Unhealthy’ range, and the possibility of the air quality going into the ‘Hazardous’ range cannot be excluded, the Ministry of Education (MOE), in consultation with the Ministry of Health (MOH), has made the decision to close all PRIMARY and SECONDARY government schools on Friday, 25 September 2015. Lessons will be suspended.
2. MOE Kindergartens and special education schools, which take reference from and are guided by measures taken by our primary and secondary schools, will also be closed.
3. Parents who are unable to make alternative care arrangements may continue to send their children to MOE Kindergartens, primary, secondary, and special education schools, and teachers will supervise them. School-based care centres will continue to operate for their existing students.
4. All Junior Colleges, Centralised Institute and Post-Secondary Education Institutes (PSEIs), namely the Autonomous Universities, Polytechnics and ITE, will remain open (Including SSTC Institute’s Higher Learning Diploma Courses). Classes for these students, as well students in Year 5 and 6 of the Integrated Programme, will continue, as the students in these institutions are older, in accordance with the guidelines from MOH’s haze health advisory.
5. MOE and the PSEIs will continue to monitor the well-being of the students and staff closely and adopt the necessary mitigation measures based on MOH’s health advisory, such as scaling down or ceasing all outdoor and indoor physical activities.
Note: Friday, 25 September is a SSTC school holiday in accordance with SSTC Institute’s 2015 Academic Calendar. This holiday applies only to Students enrolled in the Preparatory and Language Courses. Class sessions and Schedules for higher learning courses namely BTEC Business LVL 3 & 5 will still be in session and running, based on the specific academic class time-table.