Professional Certificate in Sport Coaching (Sepaktakraw) -
Professional Certificate in Sport Coaching (Sepaktakraw)
Awarded by SSTC Institute
The Professional Certificate in Sport Coaching (Sepaktakraw) equips the learner with essential skills, knowledge and competencies of ‘how to coach’ and guide one to understand ‘why you coach’ through the introduction of values education, basic knowledge of sports science and the various principles of sports coaching within the context of the game of Sepaktakraw.
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
- communicate effectively with athletes
- design effective training programmes
- assist athletes to enhance and develop skills
- assess and monitor athletes to enhance performance.
Part-time: 3 months (45 hours)
Wednesday and Thursday evenings
Mode of Delivery
Guided learning hours consist of 34 hours of classroom-based sessions and 11 hours of practical sessions.
Assessment / Examinations
2-hour Written Examination
3-hour Practical Assessment
AGE: Applicants must be aged 18 years and above upon commencement.
ACADEMIC: No minimum academic requirement.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: It is recommended, though not required, that participants possess a credit in the English Language at GCE ‘O’/’N’ Levels or Employability Skills System (ESS) of Level 5.
Candidates who do not fully meet the above requirements may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students must successfully pass both written and practical assessments.
- Ethics, Values and Principles in Sport
- Sports Development System
- Communication and Relationship Building with Athletes
- Coaching Methods
- Safety and Risk Management
- Plan & Deliver Coaching Programmes
- Basic Exercise Physiology & Nutrition
- Basic Sport Psychology
- Applied Sports Biomechanics
- Teach the Fundamental Skills of Sepaktakraw
- Teach the Fundamental Tactics and Strategies of Sepaktakraw
All students need to attend at least 75% of classes.
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
4 October 2017
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Course Fee: $520.00
Examination Fee: $30.00
Goods & Services Tax: $38.50
Note: Eligible to use SkillsFuture Credit for Singaporeans.
Last updated 28 September 2017