Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Law (QCF)
Awarded by Pearson Education Limited, the qualification provides the student with key knowledge and practical skills required in the legal vocational sector. It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level. The qualification also aims to provide a pathway for learners intending to further their education.
The 60-credit Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the area of employment that they wish to enter. For adult learners, the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma can extend their experience of work in a particular sector. It may also be a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break.
- The qualification can be studied at SSTC Institute which has been accredited by Pearson as a BTEC Centre since 2010.
- Students enrolled into the part time course can work and study at the same time as classes are run in the evening/weekend.
- The qualification is internationally recognized.
- Enjoin an industry which is constantly in demand for those with legal knowledge.
- Assessment is by way of task-based assignments.
The programme objectives are:
- to equip learners with knowledge, understanding and skills to become occupationally ready to take up employment in the legal sector at the appropriate level;
- to allow learners to develop the core specialist knowledge, understanding and skills, including dispute solving in the legal system and aspects of legal liability, required by the sector;
- to provide learners with knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development in the legal sector.
Part-time: 12 months
Full-time: 8 months
2018: 2 January, 14 May, 3 September
2018: 2 January, 2 April, 2 July, 24 September
Assessment / Examinations
Assessment is by way of task-based assignments
- a standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general education equivalent to four GCSEs at A* – C, OR
- a BTEC Level 2 qualification in Law and Legal Work or a related vocational area, OR
- Minimum ten years of education or equivalent qualification, OR
- Matured candidates with work experience considered on a case to case basis
- At least 16 years old on the date of admission
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
Students must successfully complete all 6 units, totalling 60 credits, with a minimum PASS grade in order to be awarded the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Law (QCF) by Pearson Education Limited.
- Unit 1 – Dispute Solving in the Legal System
- Unit 2 – Understanding Law Making
- Unit 3 – Aspects of Legal Liability
- Unit 4 – Contract Law
- Unit 6 – Aspects of the Law of Tort
- Unit 8 – Aspects of Family Law
Note: Module sequence may be subject to change
Course Units Currently not being Offered
- Unit 5 – Consumer Law
- Unit 7 – Aspects of Employment Law
- Overall Attendance should be at least 75% for non-Student’s Pass holders and 90% for Student’s Pass holders.
AVERAGE TEACHER TO STUDENT RATIO
Programme Fees (in Singapore Dollars)
Fees effective from 1 January 2018.
FULL TIME (8 MONTHS) – STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance||S$100.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)||S$90.88|
FULL TIME (8 MONTHS)/PART TIME (12 MONTHS) – NON-STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)||S$62.75|
Last updated: 21 December 2017