English Language Oral Booster Workshop -
English Language Oral Booster Workshop
ACE your PSLE Oral Exam!
This workshop has been designed to prepare students for the PSLE Oral Exam. It covers topics such as reading with good pronunciation, clear articulation with appropriate intonation and stress. Students will be guided to be able to identify the difference between a declarative statement and a question, how to achieve fluent reading, converse properly and the dos & don’ts during the oral exam. There will be a mock test conducted towards the end of the workshop.
- Encourage students to read with good pronunciation, clear articulation and appropriate intonation in order to convey the information, ideas and feelings in a passage.
- Facilitate students to produce a well-paced, fluent reading of a passage.
- Assist students to express their personal opinions, ideas and experiences clearly and effectively in conversing with the examiner.
- Guide students to speak fluently and with grammatical accuracy.
- Expand students’ range of vocabulary based on the topic(s) given for the stimulus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Upper Primary (Primary 4 to Primary 6) students, particularly those who will be taking their PSLE Oral Exam in August 2017.
WHEN WILL THE WORKSHOP COMMENCE?
Friday, 21 July 2017
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE WORKSHOP?
The entire workshop will run over 10 sessions from 21 July 2017 – 15 August 2017. Each session is 1.5 hours in duration and will be held on the following days and time:
- Tuesday (6.00 pm – 7.30 pm)
- Friday (6.00 pm – 7.30 pm)
- Sunday (3.00 pm – 4.30 pm)
The workshop dates are:
- Session 1 – Friday, 21 July 2017
- Session 2 – Sunday, 23 July 2017
- Session 3 – Tuesday, 25 July 2017
- Session 4 – Friday, 28 July 2017
- Session 5 – Sunday, 30 July 2017
- Session 6 – Friday, 4 August 2017
- Session 7 – Sunday, 6 August 2017
- Session 8 – Friday, 11 August 2017
- Session 9 – Sunday, 13 August 2017
- Session 10 – Tuesday, 15 August 2017
Participants are advised to ensure that they are available on all the workshop dates as there will not be any make-up sessions.
Please note that there are no sessions on Tuesday, 1 August 2017 and Tuesday, 8 August 2017.
HOW MUCH IS THE PARTICIPATION FEE?
Course Fee: S$250.00
Application Fee: S$30.00
TOTAL FEE: S$299.60
WHAT IS THE CLASS SIZE?
A minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 20 students.
SSTC reserves the right to reschedule the intake or continue with the workshop should the number of participants is below the minimum class size to begin with.
WHERE WILL THE WORKSHOP BE HELD?
180 Kitchener Road
#03-20 City Square Mall
(Exit I from Farrer Park MRT Station)
WHO IS THE TRAINER?
Maslinda is an English Language HOD/Specialist with more than 15 years of classroom teaching experience in government educational institutions, both in the primary and secondary school settings.
She has consistently attain an English Language subject passing rate of above National Average in major Standardised Examinations for her school, with an average passing rate of 99% in her class!
A fun, engaging and dedicated teacher who connects well with her students, Maslinda goes the extra mile to motivate her charges to achieve their goals.